Local SEO Factors of 2015
According to Local Search Ranking factor survey there is a shift towards more traditional web ranking factors. The onsite signals and links will be the important factors that drive local SEO.The Shift can be considered as consistent with Google recent local ranking algorithm Pigeon.Everything you do for the local SEO, i.e. both on and off your site, should be aimed towards making user experience wonderful instead of just putting your efforts to gain higher ranking on the search engine results.
Therefore the important factors that will run local SEO in 2015 are
- To be awesome
- Earn relevant links
What does awesome refer
The awesome here means that instead of making Google fool, you should try to put efforts in making your website better from every angle.
Find out the features that your competitors websites has and your site don’t have. Use this collective data for adding features to your website.
Below are some of the things which you should avoid if you want to make your website awesome
- Less Homepage content- Your visitors should know what you are and if your website has only banner and a few lines of content then it will present a bad image of your website. Therefore always avoid this.
- Only few lines of content on page- The customer will only visit your website if there is relevant information which they are searching. If you just put a few lines and ask them to call for information. Then the chances are that it will only increase bounce rate and nobody will shop from your website.
- Spamming keywords- Most of the websites use this outdated tactic to rank well. For e.g. putting a list of 100 cities on your home page will lead nowhere. Instead try to put relevant, useful and informative content.
- Using long title tags– The title tag should be as brief as possible and it should be such that it gives the summary of the page. You can put your primary keyword phrase at the starting and your business name at the end.
Put efforts for local optimization
- Don’t forget to include city/state in your title tag- The title tag plays an important role in optimization of your website. Therefore include city or state for local relevancy.
- Don’t forget to include city/state in your H1 heading- for showing local relevancy you should include city/state in your page heading
- Put city/State in your content- Many website owners forget to include city/state in the website content. Therefore local search will be of no use unless you mention local area in the content.
- Put city/State in your alt text on images- Google can’t see what your image is all about therefore adding alt text with city/State will boost up your local SEO.
- Put city/State in your url- if you want to make your website for local results then never forget to mention city/State in the URL. This will make easy for Google and the customers to find the relevant results.
Therefore these are the main points you should follow to make your website better. Stop thinking of how to increase your ranking and think of making it the most unique and awesome website with all the features. In this way your website automatically rank better and you visitors will convert into potential customers.