Target effective Keywords with the help of various tools to bring traffic to the site
When doing the SEO for a website targeting proper keyword is essential. The main focus should be to know the areas where the traffic and revenue increases lies. For this you should follow the process which involves three step
1.Collect relevant data
The first thing which you should know what the user is looking for.
What are the keyword and phrases that the user is typing into Google to search for your business or the product.
What is their primary goal while searching on the internet
- Whether the user wants to order the product right away?
- The user wants to learn more about the product?
- The user wants to compare your product against others.
The next thing which you should focus on is that what you are offering them.
- Are you concentrating on the right keywords?
- The keywords should be chosen such that they not only rank you on the top but the purchasing from your website should also be there.
Your goal should be to come up with the top 40 most popular keywords and phrases that have high higher searches on the end of the user.
For e-commerce portals you should write top 40 list of keywords for every category.
For complete analysis some of the tips and tools are
1.a. Google Analytics:- From the report page note down the keywords and phrases that are generating traffic towards your website over the years.
b.Google Webmaster Tools:- Add all keyword data from your Google Webmaster Tools.
- c. Internal Site Search– Note down the keywords that the user is trying to search on the internal website search option.
- d. Google Adwords– Add the data from your previous PPC campaign.
- e. Google keyword planner: On typing url of the website the Google keyword planner will throw all the keywords that are useful for your website.
From the above data you can find the targeted keyword by the user and which you should include in the website.
- Give prioritization to your targets
Now the next stage is to collect those keywords which have great potential to grow your traffic and revenue.
Also take into consideration the keywords which your competitor is targeting
To expand the list of existing high value keywords the tool recommended are
a.Keywordtool.io: This tool will help in determining the long tail of keywords which the users search while doing shopping.
b.Google Correlate– This tool will help you in finding keywords by correlating words and topics.
Merge words: You can expand the list by adding the words like expensive, affordable, cheap to the starting of the keyword.
To note down the list of keyword which your competitor is targeting, following tools can be used.
SEMrush: SEMrush can provide you the keywords or ads which are in your competition.
Open Site explorer: Do a research on your competitor back links and find the keywords which are present in their anchor texts.
Delete irrelevant data, URL and phrases.
- Take action
Now this is the time to take action and the steps involved in taking your website to top ranks are
- Content Marketing
- Topic Marketing
- Niche specialization
When you take all the above action. You will know all the keywords that you have to focus and your business will grow quickly.